By the end of the last post, if you thought that was the end of the journey then I am sorry to say my friend, the show is still on. There are still many myths that need to be busted, and there are many truths that need to be told. Let’s start busting some more blogging myths (lies).
The lies we are going to expose here are not related to blogging per se, but to the person who blogs. These lies are told to stop talented bloggers like you from becoming a lethal force.
Lie 1: A successful blogger knows what he wants lie
This is one of the most ridiculous lies told to the beginners. Man, there is no way of knowing what you want when you are starting out, for you are a newbie. How will you know what you should expect until and unless you know your terrain? And as a newbie, my friend, you have just started to explore the field. You will take time before you can gauge the possibilities offered by this medium and to know what you want from it.
Lie 2: A successful blogger knows what he is doing lie
No! Not by a long shot. This is a big lie. Man, you can’t know what you were doing until you are done. When starting out, no blogger knows what he or she is doing. Go and ask Seths and Darrens of the world and you will know the reality. Even they were not sure what they were doing until they tasted at least a drop of the sweet blood of success. Yes, at best, you can hope to know what you are doing, and you can be ready to evolve with the process. Read it loud:
It’s not just the blog that grows. It’s the blogger that shapes up with the blog!
And, if anyone tells you this lie again, hand the dictum over to him.
Lie 3: A blogger knows how to do it lie
How can you possibly believe it? And have you thought why someone else is painting the know-all picture for bloggers?
Man, if I were you, I would have kicked ass.
Just think like this: blogging involves at least coding, hosting, writing, promoting, networking, sharing, etc. Now tell me, which blogger, until and unless he is some blogging-god or something, can know all these stuffs (as pros of each of the fields will now) when they are just starting out? And, why would a successful professional blogger even bother to know all these stuffs, if they can outsource these works?
Tell these sweet friends of yours, there is something called focus, which if you lose can bring death upon your blogging career. The first and the foremost goal should be to know how you can add value, and then to focus 80 percent of your resources on doing that. You can devote the rest 20 percent on other related stuffs.