We all are well-versed with online banner advertisements, but what we are unaware of is the formula of making an effective banner advertisement. All popular websites are cluttered with banner advertisements of products and services. To stand out in that cluttered situation an ideal banner ad has to be really exceptional in terms of design, color and message. It just can’t afford to be average. If a banner advertisement is on your mind for your product or service, make sure you follow the tips discussed below.
- The banner advertisement should look attractive yet professional. You just can’t afford to bare your inexperienced self by displaying grammatical or spelling errors. If you are not confident, take help of a professional or dictionary and encyclopedia. A poorly crafted message sends negative vibes to the reader.
- Your advertisement should be simple. Don’t make it messy and cluttered with too many designs, flashy images or shocking colors. Keep the tone moderate. Such ads definitely turn off the reader and the message goes ignored. Remember, you are advertising your product and not entertaining your target. So keep it simple, yet attention grabbing.
- Use simple attention grabbing words. Since your space is limited you have to use smart attention grabbing words or phrases like – ‘Free’, ‘Special Offer’, ‘Limited Offer’, ‘On Sale’, ‘Heavy Discount’, ‘Rush’. These words are eye openers for many. Also talk about the important features and benefits of your product or service. People always look forward to the benefits.
- Animate your banner advertisement to make it interactive and attention grabbing. Animation will add zing to your banner ad with synergistic effect of stunning images, exceptional designs and great audio sound. Visual innovation grabs attention faster than the text.
- Include links that’s blue underlined text in your banner, which will land up the reader to your desired website of product or service.
- Last but not the lease, your message should be short and crisp. Since your space is really small, you can’t write too long headline or content. That’s a challenge for you. Pick up effective short words and phrases, which communicate the message at its best. Don’t make it appear too much cluttered. Keep it minimum and effective.
That’s all it takes to come up with an effective banner ad, inviting highest clicking rate.