Anyone can write an article and use it to advertise their site. The distribution of articles through article directories is one of the best ways to promote your site. Even if you have never penned one, there is at least one type of article that almost anybody can compose.
A Top-Ten Or List-Article. Choose with a topic that is relevant to your website and find a good keyword for it. This is the phrase that people will use when they use a search engine to find your article. If you aren’t sure how to do keyword research, just ask yourself what words you would use to search for an article on this topic.
Think of an aspect of your topic that can be made into a list. You’re going to write an article that has the “Top Ten Ways” to do something, or “Six Simple Techniques For” something, or “Five Questions To Ask” Whoever. Other possibilities include “Six Great Ideas For…,” “Top Ten Tips for…,” “Ten Secrets About…,” “Three Steps To…,” and so on.
Now just follow the simple outline below. Say the article is on ways that you can get free traffic for a website, and the keyword is “free website traffic.”
1. Write a title for the article, using the keyword it, so searchers can find your article more easily: “Six Ways To Get Free Website Traffic.”
2. Write a description of one or two sentences, telling the reader what they will get from reading your article: “How many ways do you use to get free traffic for your website? You’ll learn six of the best here.”
3. “Sell” the article in the first paragraph, using the keyword once again: “Free website traffic is a few clicks away if you know where to look…”
4. Create a numerated list, and explain each entry with a couple sentences: “1. Write articles. This is possibly the best way to get free website traffic. Submit your articles to article directories, and readers find there way to your site by way of the link at the end of your article. 2. Exchange links with high traffic websites…”
5. End the article with a short paragraph, using the keywords one more time: “You can see that some of these ways to get free website traffic are easier than others, but why not try all of them. The real question is which will work best for your website…” This summary paragraph isn’t always necessary.
6. Create a short “About The Author” or author’s resource box. Have just one or two links to your website in it. Talk less about yourself than about why the reader should visit your site. Entice and tantalize: “For more ways to get free website traffic, visit…” This is possibly the most important part of how to write an article for website publicity.
Want to find out more about writing articles go this incredible article writing tips website, then visit Scot Pelt’s site on how to promote your articles with theUnique Article Wizard the amazing article submission service.